Brrr it’s chilly! I’m glancing glumly at my iPhone’s weather app – yep, a bleak 4 degrees blinks across the screen, but have no fear fellow Londoners, the handy cost-effective can of Heinz Tomato Soup packs more of a nutritional punch than we first thought!
5 Tomato-tastic Facts that will blow your noggin!
1) Breathe a sigh of relief: Tomatoes can actually help reverse damage caused by smoking! Chlorogenic and coumaric acid, the two main ingredients in tomato soup, eliminate carcinogens!
2) Help for the diabetic: Tomatoes contain high levels of the element ‘chromium’ to help aid in blood glucose regulation which is important for all of us!
3) No bone to pick: Tomatoes are in abundance of vitamins C and K which are vital for bone health
4) Hearty food: Tomatoes are also rich in vitamin B and potassium: two key ingredients for lowering blood pressure
5) Cancer Fighter: Tomatoes are high in carotenoids (a type of antioxidant molecule) that protect the body from free radical damage